Sunday, July 6, 2014

Hello Summer!





These chalkboards are fun to change for the different seasons and holidays!



Our porch has been pressure washed.

All clean and the furniture taken out of the shed.

Yesterday and today are so beautiful here.

Sunny, warm and no humidity!

Perfect for sitting out on the porch.


I hope to get out and buy our flowers for the shed flower boxes and for under the Serviceberry tree here by the deck sometime today.


I'm planning an afghan for one of my sister-in-law's whose favorite color is purple.

Above are two sample squares I crocheted up.

I'm still deciding if I will use these or try another pattern.



Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!



Ah, the joys of sewing!


6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love the purple squares!! Can you share the pattern? I do miss seeing your crochet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine. I've missed my crocheting too. Mostly I've been thinking about the next afghan - what pattern to use. I still haven't decided. The two purple squares aren't my pattern - they are Jan Eaton from her fantastic book, "200 Crochet blocks for blankets, throws, and afghans. #8 page 37 Popcorn Flower and #181 page 104 "Begonia".

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sandy, I have that same book. I look forward to your return to crochet!

      Catherine

      Delete
  2. Hello Sandy!
    I love seeing your screened porch. It's July and y'all are just getting to enjoy the summer? I forget where you are-- I hope you have a wonderful summer and get to enjoy that screened porch.
    I have screened porch envy.
    I like the purple squares.
    I also haven't been by in a while... I need to to some back reading and get caught up!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shade of purple, Sandy and I really like the pattern on the right. You are really artistic. Love the design on your chalkboard. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch looks so inviting, a beautiful place to crochet that purple blanket.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete